Are you excited about starting your own bookkeeping or accounting business? Or maybe you’re ready for a new challenge in your existing organisation? The Diploma of Accounting will give you the skills you need to succeed.
Delivered online, the nationally accredited Diploma of Accounting qualification is popular with people who are working and therefore need excellent education in a flexible format to suit their schedule. Many of our diploma students have been in roles such as bookkeeper, tax agent, assistant accountant, tax return accountant, accounts payable or receivable officer and are looking to greatly increase their career prospects.
The course is instrumental in your pathway to becoming a registered Tax Agent as it is Tax Practitioner Board (TPB) approved. To meet all TPB education requirements you’ll need to also complete FNSSS00005 and FNSSS00008 Commercial and Tax Law for Tax Agents Skill Set.
During the course of the accounting diploma you’ll learn a range of accounting functions such as:
- how to prepare tax documents and financial reports for businesses and individuals
- how to provide management accounting information
- how to provide information on financial and business performance
- how to manage budgets and forecasts
- how to complete business activity and instalment activity statements
- how to establish and maintain payroll systems.